Purpose of Instructor Development
The National Ski Patrol’s Instructor Development Program’s objectives are to prepare potential instructors to teach NSP OEC courses and OET (Toboggan instruction) in both a classroom and outdoor environment.
The Instructor Development Course serves as the beginning point for Patrollers that want to become an Instructor. It is a great way to use your skills to elevate current Patrollers and to set the appropriate standard for Candidates.
Tom Sherry and Jon Scarpa will be conducting an Instructor class at Northstar on Sunday 12/9.
Steps to success
- Register for Instructor Development Course under #F073180007
- Complete the Hybrid online portion prior to class
- Participate in a 1 day class, Sunday 12/9 to demonstrate your skill set.
- Work with you mentor to gain confidence and experience.
- Teach a lesson and be evaluated.
If interested, please contact Tom Sherry: firstname.lastname@example.org.